Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands turns out to be an action role-playing first-person looter shooter video game. It is developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. Gearbox announced this game at the Summer Games Fest Kickoff Livestream and according to the Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford, the concept has been under development for the last ten years.
A fantasy spin-off in the Borderlands series and next in line to Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep is set to be released on March 25th, 2022. It is viable to play on PC, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
By pre-ordering Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, you will be rewarded with the Golden Hero Armor Pack which contains a set of two golden armor themes that can be used on any armor set.
In this game, you will be able to customize your character and choose a class for them. The gunplay and weaponry included in it are somewhat similar to Borderlands with a touch of fantasy in it. Tiny Tina is voiced by Ashly Burch, Andy Samberg as Captain Valentine, Wakanda Sykes as Frete the Robot, and Will Arnett as the Dragon Lord.
As per the words of Pitchford: “For me, bringing actual Borderlands guns to fight dragons, skeletons, goblins, and more in an original fantasy world imagined by the galaxy’s deadliest thirteen-year-old, Tiny Tina, as a new, full-featured AAA video game is a dream come true”
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Trailer
The trailer for Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands provides us with the first glimpse into the world of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. Complemented by a catchy tune from kawaii metal band Babymetal it gives us a tour of how the gameplay will be and takes us to underground caverns, huge mushroom forests, mountains filled with trolls, a giant castle, and a giant skeleton partially buried on the side of a mountain.
A world of magic where you will be fighting off evil mushroom men, giant crabs with wedges of pirate ships as shells and bipedal sharks, and many more with magical bows that shoot several arrows of light at once and melee weapons like the axe, sword, and mace variety. With melee weapons, it will be exciting to watch how the combat changes, as this is the first time Borderlands is including melee weapons.
The players will also be equipped with magical abilities such as summoning several meteors to take down the enemies, shapeshifting enemies to floating sheep, and freezing the airborne enemies.
Two new Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands classes
According to Gearbox as the game is released and as you begin to indulge yourself with the world of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands you will be able to access the game with two classes: Stabbomancers and Brr-Zerkers.
Stabbomancers are for those who have a partiality for stabbing and prefer playing in stealth and sneaky way. Stabbomancers as the name suggests utilizes knives combined with magic. With this class, you will be able to summon spinning blades and then just disappear into the shadows out of thin air.
They take the weaknesses of the enemy to their advantage to take them out before they even know what hit them.
Brr-Zerkers are for those who fancy smashing. They make use of brute strength and frost abilities to simply smash enemies. The provision of a jump attack allows you to get close to your enemies in the blink of an eye and then just smash them. They even whirl themselves towards the enemies with the primary motive of giving them the gift of death.
What to expect of the map?
The game is inspired by table-top RPGs to a great extent and the attributes of the map of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands include various dungeons, on an overworld filled with loot, quests, unpredictable encounters, and several eccentric environments that are there for you to explore.
There is one known as Butt Stallion Castle and is most probably where the Butt Stallion, Wonderlands’ ruler lives. Below are some environments that have yet been known:
- Butt Stallion’s Castle: Presumably where the ruler of Wonderlands resides.
- Tangle Drift: A beanstalk that has abnormal growth to the extent of having its ecosystem. People have built homes in this beanstalk more or less to avoid the dangers lurking below.
- Brighthoof: The capital of the Wonderlands and the realm of Butt Stallion that is guarded by the Diamond Guard but has become swamped with enemies.
- Sunfang Oasis: An area filled with greenery, shimmering lagoons, and spectacular ruins of the ancient past in the middle of the desert. But it is most probably inhabited by the Coiled who’s description gives us the idea of snake monsters.
The gameplay will be mostly similar to Borderlands that includes combat, gaining better weapons as you go on playing the game, and characters that talk a lot along with their silly humor. Wonderlands has given importance to loots as much as Borderlands does so but with a fantasy twist.
Along with the weapons, there will also be armours as collectibles. Melee weapons have also been given impetus. There are no grenades in Wonderlands but the players are accessible to spells that allow the players to eliminate enemies with fire, tornados etc.
There is also Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Chaotic Great Edition that is convenient on PC, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. This edition includes:
- Full Game (optimized for performance on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S)
- Dragon Lord Pack Bonus Content
- Season Pass (includes Butt Stallion Pack and more)
- The Dragon Lord Pack Bonus
- The Dragon Lord Pack Bonus Content is encompassed within the Next-Level and Chaotic Great Editions of the game. This pack includes:
- A Legendary Weapon, The Apex
- A Legendary Spell, Skullantir
- Tyrant Attire Armor Preset (5 items)
- Villain’s Visage Face Preset (2 items)
- Death’s Head Makeup Pack (3 items)
- Emperor of the Dead Banner Set (3 items)
- Kwartz Hero Statue Material
Tiny Tina’s Wonderland Season Pass
The Season Pass for the game comes along with the Chaotic Great Edition and players will also be able to purchase this pass after the game is launched. The Season Pass includes:
- The Butt Stallion Pack that can be available on launch day
- 4 content drops with new fantastical boss fights and whimsical challenges to be released after launch
The Butt Stallion Pack
The Butt Stallion pack that comes with the Chaotic Great edition and the Season Pass includes:
- Diamond Guard Armor Presets (3 items)
- Crystal Glitter Makeup Pack (5 items)
- Adamant Throne Banner Set (2 items)
- Diamond Hero Statue Material